Saturday, January 9, 2010

The beginning of the Adventure

So here it is everyone: The Blog I kept promising I would create before my next adventure.

As most (if not all) of you know I am headed to Cairo Egypt in a mere 3 days! I will be staying there for four months for my last semester of college with the Council for Christian College and Universities (CCCU) in the Middle East Studies Program (MESP). I will be traveling for the first 24 hours or so with the rest of the students from Washington DC. Then we will head to our school/program center. I will be spending the rest of the week in orientation trying to adjust to the time change and culture shock/changes. Classes will begin the following week. I will be studying Egyptian Arabic, Middle Eastern culture, Islam, and many other topics. I will be participating in cultural electives and local touring (yes that means the pyramids). I also will have the opportunity to travel to neighboring Middle Eastern countries including Turkey and possibly Syria, Lebanon, and Israel all depending on what is safe for us at the time. I do not have regular/daily access to the internet. But I will try to keep everyone updated on my adventures and post pictures as I explore and travel. I do not know yet, but I may have restrictions on what I can or cannot post or share about. For those things you will just have to be patient to hear or see them until I get back. I want to thank everyone who has helped encourage and pray for me as I applied and waited to get into this program. I am finally there and am excited to share it with you all!

Next blog I will be writing from Cairo Egypt.

1 comment: